T.P.I. SOD Specifications
Sod Specifications as defined by T.P.I. (Turfgrass Producers International)
- The identity of the seed or the mixture must be referred, along with whether it is certified or not.
- The thickness of the strip soil must be 15cm, without measuring the leaf surface.
- The cutting height, during delivery, must be 30-40 cm for the cold season varieties and 13-20 cm for the warm season ones.
- Thatch must not be over 12.5 cm.
- The size of each strip can vary.
- The turf has to be healthy, free from entomological infections.
- There must be no weeds.
- It must be dense, so that when the turf is cut 40mm high, the soil will not be visible.
- The weight of each roll must be approximately 17-20 kg.
- The soil humidity must be balanced.
- The subsoil must be sandy, thus allowing for immediate and deep rooting after the installation of the turf.
- Lastly, the strip’s strength must be such, that when hung it will not be torn.